Combination of Online and In-Person Learning at Beth Ahm
You may have a copy of the Bible on your bookshelf, but do you know what this important book says? Join other adult learners on a captivating journey through the Hebrew Bible, a complex compilation of fascinating material that reflects ancient beliefs, desires, and norms. We’ll explore topics such as:
- The Hebrew Bible in its earliest contexts
- How the Bible became the Bible
- Biblical Law-what is it?
- The influence of the narrative structure on meaning for the Bible
- The diverse character of God in the Bible
- Exploring how we might use the Bible for understanding the development of Jewish ideas and practices
This course from Hebrew College is taught by renowned Bible scholar Professor Marc Brettler, a master educator and teacher who has designed fascinating lectures, created a library of recommended readings, and created thought-provoking questions to ponder throughout the class.
How will this course work?
- This course contains 10 modules and we will work through the course one module per month from September-June.
- You can watch the videos at your convenience on your computer or other device.
- Each module will also be screened at Beth Ahm one evening and one morning per month for those who prefer to watch with a group.
- Rabbi Rubenstein will meet with students after Shabbat services once per month to build upon on the material from that month’s learning.
This project is being underwritten by Beth Ahm’s Thumin Fund for Jewish Education.